Who You Are & Job Fit
What does it take to succeed?
- A Key Ingredient to Success (video)
- Success in the New Economy (video) 2015
- Success in the New Economy (video) 2018
Self-reflection helps us get clarity. It’s all about figuring out who you really are and what types of work are therefore a fit for you. Sometimes paying attention to even the mildest of curiousities can lead to the discovery of professional passion(s). Use the resources in this section to gather more perspective about yourself and what type of work could empower you to thrive.
- (video) Career Development in Action
- Take the CareerOneStop Interest Survey
- Take the O*NET Interest Profiler
- Identify Your Values
Identify what you’re already good at and what you’re not so good at. Knowing what you’re not good at is just as important.
Last but not least, notice what you don’t know, get clear about your questions, and go after the answers by doing online research, talking to people you know, reaching out to professionals in the community, and getting work experience (paid or unpaid).