A Great Place to Start the Job Search
Only ~20% of available jobs are advertised. However, job lists, banks and search engines are a great place to start the job search. For information on how to find the other open positions, check out the Networking section.
A note about entry-level jobs:
These positions often require less qualifications and skills. Therefore, entry-level jobs are where most people get started on their career path. It is important to note that these positions typically pay the least. Additionally, they are often part-time positions that do not include benefits (health insurance, etc.) Also, these jobs aren’t usually the most engaging jobs and don’t always include opportunities for growth. Therefore, embrace entry-level positions as an important starting point but not the end goal.
Career Center Job Bank & Hot Jobs Lists
Although only ~20% of available jobs are advertised, job lists, banks and search engines are a great place to start the job search. For information on how to find the other 60-80% of the jobs, check out the Networking section.
The Career Center’s Job Research Resources are updated regularly and contain basic information about job postings in Franklin and Hampshire Counties and the North Quabbin area.
- Make a list of the job categories that apply to you, and check them regularly. When you are interested in learning more about a position listed, you can search the MJQ Job Bank for details by providing the “Job Number” in the appropriate field.
- Search the MJQ Job Bank, a Massachusetts Division of Career Services application, for job openings throughout Massachusetts. You can define your search by typing a job category, name of a job, zip code, etc.
Statewide Job Banks
Nationwide Job Banks
- Snag a Job
- Craig’s List
- Zip Recruiter
- Career Builder
- Monster Jobs
- Job Spider
- Cool Works
- Idea List
- Simply Hired